Ever since I was a little girl, back to school season has been my favorite time of the year and back to school shopping day was my favorite holiday. I loved roaming the aisles and picking out the cutest supplies to carry me into the new school year. Well, fifteen years later and nothing has changed. College supply shopping has been different though. It’s common sense to pick up notebooks, pens, and highlighters but there have been some items that have made my long days on campus much easier and less stressful. Stay tuned for the end of the post where I’ll share my best advice for starting the semester on a positive note.
- Tory Burch Tote– I have this exact bag in congnac and i’m planning on alternating it with my backpack this semester. It’s perfect for school because it has a top handle and a long shoulder strap so you can be hands free. It has magnetic slip pockets on the front and back that can fit notebooks, laptops, or tablets. I plan on putting my iPad in one and my notebooks in the other. This feature really helps with organization and sold me on this bag.
- Earbuds– I spend time in the library working between classes and love to put in my headphones and tune everything else out. Plus, these are adorable & affordable.
- Agenda– If you only buy one thing this semester, make it an agenda that works for you. I treated myself to a Louis Vuitton agenda for this year (post coming soon on how I use my agenda) but I’ve used wonderful agendas all through school. They make all the difference. Find a system that works for you and live by it!
- Agenda– Both of these are by Ban.do and I’ve heard great things about the brand. They are everywhere right now and I can totally see why.
- Insulated Water Bottle– These are a lifesaver for long days at school! They are vacuum insulated and keep liquid cold for 24 hours and hot for 12 hours. I have a couple of these and will use a smaller one for my morning coffee and the largest size for water. S’well sells so many cute colors and patterns but my favorites are the gold, mint green, and white marbled.
- Tory Burch Backpack– Backpacks can be cute too! I adore this one buy Tory Burch. In my eyes, it’s an investment and is classic enough to use even beyond your school days.
- “The Boss” Mug– I need at least one cup of coffee in the morning to get me out the door. It’s silly, I know, but a cute mug is a little thing that makes me happy in the morning.
- Battery Charging Phone Case– Mophie cases are the best! It took me a while to buy one because I worried about how bulky it would be but I was so pleasantly surprised. The case isn’t heavy or bulky and the gold is gorgeous. This case saved my battery so many times. You charge your phone with the case on like normal and your phone and the case both charge. When your phone battery is running low, you flip a switch on the case and it charges it right back up.
- Cosmetics Bag– I’m not the girl applying a full face in the school bathroom but I do like a pouch to carry my essentials. On any given day it will contain a chapstick, a lipstick, hand sanitizer, a mini hair brush, lotion, hair ties, gum, and feminine products. Every school bag needs a catch all.
- Card Holder– I don’t like to carry a full wallet to school. Instead, I use a key pouch. I attach my keys to the chain and put my drivers license and any necessary credit/debit cards in the pouch. It takes up less room and is much lighter.
- Rose Gold Watch– I have this exact watch and love it. I wear a watch every day to school because it looks good with both yoga pants and nikes (which I wear a lot of) or normal clothes. Looks aside, it’s much easier and more polite to glance at your watch in class for the time than to pull out your phone every two minutes.
- Sneakers– Speaking of Nikes… these are one of my favorite pairs this season! Sometimes I wear flats or sandals to school, but most days I opt for a pair of Nikes. They are so comfortable and match almost everything. It’s not realistic to assume you’re going to want to cross campus in heeled booties every day (but power to you if you do!)
- Pencil Pouch– cute & functional. Enough said.
- External Battery Charger– You charge this up like a phone at night and can use it as a portable charger when your phone battery is dying. I use my iPad at school as well and this will charge either!
My Advice for You
–Be overly prepared for the first week. Some classes start very slow and will be assigning essays on day one. Don’t be surprised either way. Be prepared in knowing about your campus and professors ahead of time, this especially applies to freshmen. Before I started college, I went to campus and scoped it out so I wouldn’t be stressed trying to figure it out on the first day.
-Stay organized. Like I mentioned earlier, my planner/ agenda is my sanity during the semester. I’ll be doing a detailed planner organization post soon. There are so many different types of planning systems on the market and i’ve tried some that don’t work for me and some have been perfect. Some agendas are nothing more than a monthly calendar and some plan every hour of your day. Wherever you fall on the spectrum, there’s a planner for you. Color code, highlight, draw pictures… do whatever it takes to stay on top of your life! Trust me, it works.
-Be confident. Whether you’re a freshman or a senior, college is intimidating. Everyone has high expectations of you and it feels like your future depends on your success. Just remember, you can absolutely succeed if you set your mind to it. It won’t be easy, but you can totally do it. So when you walk onto campus and are intimidated or are having doubts about whether you can handle it, take a deep breath and know that you absolutely can.
I hope all of you students have a wonderful semester and got something out of this post. It was almost like a little pep talk for myself too! Best of luck! xo